JOHN F. RENNER, P.C. ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
John F. Renner, P.C., is a New Jersey law firm that protects the rights of injured workers and defendants accused of a crime since 1994. Mr. Renner is the principal attorney of the firm. He is a longstanding advocate for workers’ rights and defendants facing criminal accusations. Equal access to legal remedies and due process of law for the underprivileged is a top priority for the law firm.
In addition to helping clients with legal matters, Mr. Renner believes in the value of higher education and the need for motivated students to pursue a quality legal education. Higher education costs, however, can often prevent students from reaching their full career potential. The financial burdens of higher education, such as tuition and housing, can weigh heavily on students.
John F. Renner, P.C. offers an annual scholarship to help undergraduate students and Juris Doctor candidates on the journey to becoming an attorney. Annually a winner is selected to receive $1,000.00 towards their education. The winner is chosen at the sole discretion of John F. Renner, P.C., based on the substance and thoughtfulness of the essay, writing skills, academic qualifications, and extracurricular activities.
Please make sure you meet all eligibility requirements before applying for our scholarship. We will only consider complete applications submitted before the deadline by students who meet all the eligibility requirements. The deadline is December 2, 2023.
- Must fully complete the John F. Renner, P.C. Scholarship Application form
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or a Juris Doctor program which is an accredited college/university in the United States (can be a four-year university or community college)
- Must provide a current unofficial transcript with a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Undergraduate students must intend to pursue a Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association-accredited law school leading to bar eligibility and a license to practice law
- Must be a U.S. citizen, lawful resident, or are lawfully authorized to attend school in the United States
- You acknowledge that if awarded the scholarship, your name, school, and winning essay will be posted on John F. Renner, P.C. law firm websites and may be promoted by the firm in social media posts
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission from your parent/legal guardian
- The scholarship must be applied to tuition or other education-related expenses, and your school will receive notice of the scholarship award
- Must submit a typed essay (in .pdf format) between 1,500 – 1,700 words, that answers one of the following two topics:
First Topic: What is your inspiration for a career in the legal profession? How do you intend to serve society after law school to fulfill that inspiration?
Second Topic: What makes a good, effective attorney?
Important Deadlines To Remember
Submission of the application and all supporting documents must be received via email by December 15, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The winner will be notified on December 22, 2023. If no response is received within one week, a new winner will be chosen.
How To Submit Your Application
Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted as follows:
No phone calls to the office. Direct all questions to RennerLawScholarship@gmail.com.